Senior School girls play traditional team and individual sports as well as volleyball, basketball and unihoc. Expectations are high with pupils regularly representing their school, county, and in some cases, their country at a host of sports including cross country and athletics. Our success in sport make us one of the best girls’ schools in Hampshire.
We have recently introduced overseas tours as well.
House matches, staff/student challenges, and inter-school fixtures mean most students can become team members and enjoy competitive sport at some level. There is plenty of chance to take part, even if your daughter won’t make the first team.
Equestrian sport is strong at Alton Convent and our teams and individual riders regularly celebrate regional and national success in show jumping and eventing.
Older students enjoy our Multi Gym supervised by qualified staff, the climbing wall at Alton Sports Centre and the hydrotherapy pool at Fontwell, Chichester.
Girls studying GCSE Physical Education are encouraged to participate in the Sports Leadership Award.
- U13 Netball team – National Champions
- U19 Netball team – County Runners Up
- Emily Desmond – County Hockey
- Harriet Ranger – District Cricket
- Emily Kerr – County Football
- Lissy Matthews – County Football
- Tara O’Herlihy – British Golf Squad
- Lauren Tupper – National swimmer
- U13 4 x 100m Relay Regional Champions